Saturday, June 14, 2008

Greatest Dad and Husband

Tomorrow is Fathers Day so I thought now would be the perfect time to say what a wonderful husband and father Matthew is. He never fails to help me around the house no matter how tired he is. In fact, Matthew has the chore of doing all of the laundry and he is very careful to read the washing directions on my work clothes. He is always working around our home to make things better. After working all day he stays outside until dark trying to keep the yard up. I don't think Matthew has ever told me "No" when I've asked for anything. He goes to the extreme to get the things I want or to do the things I want him to do. And when I was pregnant he gave me a massage almost everyday. When I got to big and uncomfortable to sleep he tucked every pillow in the house around me to make me comfortable even though he knew I would have to get up a hundred times to pee during the night; he got up and fixed my pillows back everytime. He never complains about the house being a mess or what I cook. And he tells me everyday that he thinks I'm beautiful and perfect.
Matthew is a the best father a kid could ever want. Even before we had Avery I knew this. He has done something most guys wouldn't, and thats take a child that doesn't belong to him and love it like it was his own. He has been more of a Dad to Bailey then his own dad has been. He takes Bailey fishing and teaches him things that I just can't; like how to tie his shoe. He has more patience than anyone I've ever met and I admire him for that. He also helped coach Bailey's baseball team this year which really meant alot to me and even though Bailey doesn't say it I know he was thrilled to have Matthew out there with him. He has never missed a school function or a game and he is there to pick him up from school anytime he is needed. And he never lets Bailey go to bed or leave the house without telling him he loves him. He always lets people know that he has two sons and never corrects people when we are out with the boys and someone says "Dad I'm afraid both your boys look like their mom." And I think the moment I have loved him the most is when I had Avery!! He was a proud Daddy to say the least. There is a picture of him in the nursery while they are cleaning Avery up and he is looking down at him and there is a single teardrop hanging on the end of his nose. That picture will remain in my memory forever. He has showed that childs picture to I believe everyone he comes in to contact with. After we came home from the hospital he said he just couldn't go outside and work knowing Avery was inside, he just had to be in here with him. Avery takes a shower with his Daddy everyday and he rolls right up under him every night to sleep.He loves his Daddy!! Matthew went to every doctors appointment when I was pregnant and he has been to every appointment Avery has had since he's been born. He doesn't miss out on anything when it comes to our kids.
I have truly been blessed with a wonderful husband. I love him so much and appreciate everything he is and everything he does and I just wanted to let you know how lucky me and my two boys are to have this man for a husband and for a father.


2 comments:

Melanie said...

You had me crying first thing this morning. Joel was asking "What is wrong with you?" I couldn't help it. Of course I think my brother is wonderful, I'm glad you know it too!! Happy Father's Day Matt!

Nai Nai said...

Cris,
You could not have given me a more perfect day than to hear these words from a Daughter-in-law. When I opened up my blog and read all this I was in tears. I know all of this about Matt, I was just overwhelm that you could say it and I knew you really meant it. Yes, he is a wonderful Son, Daddy, Brother and Husband. Love, Mom